Expand my Community achievements bar.

Issue with Blank Value selection in Dropdown List

Level 1

Hello Experts,

I am facing one strange issue in Adobe Forms Drop Down(DD) list. Foll. is the list data which contains a several item data & blank value. After item data selection user must be able to select blank value in case he doesn't want to set the value to Order Unit as shown in screen shot below.

Now my issue is after any of the item values selection (for ex. BAG - BAG)  user is not able to set the blank value again at my client system. However its working fine in mine. When checked client is using Adobe Reader 8.0 which is same as mine.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Amit

4 Replies

Former Community Member

Is blank actually added as one of the list items? If the rawValue or default value of a list is set to a value that is not an item, it will seem to get added to the top, then dissapear after another item is selected.

Level 1

Hi Steve,

Thanks for the reply. We have a blank value in the DD as a list item, where key & description is empty space. As i posted above user must be able to select that blank item if doesn't want any value for Order Unit. This selection is working fine in my sytem, but my client facing the issue where he can not select the blank value from DD.

Thanks,

Amit

Former Community Member

It also works on my system to add a blank item at Design time. Maybe it is a difference in the Acrobat version that the blank item is removed. I would try removing the blank item at design time and adding in the initialize event to see if it fixes it on the users system.

Level 8

Try having an item called "< None >" in your list then put the following JavaScript in the change event of your drop-down:

if (xfa.event.newText=="< None >")

xfa.event.change="";

Kyle