Sign in to Community

to gain points, level up, and earn exciting badges like the new
Bedrock Mission!

Learn more

Sign in to view all badges

Issue tabbing across page breaks in dynamic form

Level 2

Hi all,

I have a strange problem that I'm having trouble getting to the bottom of, relating to my dynamic form.

This form grows and shrinks depending on how the user fills it out.  I have a questionnaire section where certain questions are hidden or shown depending on previous input.

Things get interesting when I look at the tab order.  Sometimes when tabbing forward or backward across page breaks, the focus lands on a spot that I cannot identify.  There will be no cursor and I can not type.  However if I continue to tab in the same direction, I can see that it is still going in the correct sequence.  It just looks like for some reason, in those places, focus is put in the wrong component.  But if I type different input into the prior fields (ones that affect the length of the pages) that causes the field to move to different place where it's not adjacent to a page break, and then tabbing to the field in either direction works fine.  It seems that only when it's beside a page break, it becomes problematic.

Also, it only seems to be a problem if the field gets moved to be adjacent to a page break AFTER the form is initially rendered.  If the field was originally beside a page break by default, then it seems to work fine.

Just to rule out a possible problem with the tab order configuration, I set my from to Automatic tabs, and even went as far as removing all the <traversal> elements from the form.

After doing either of those things, the problem still persists.

Has anyone seen this before?

0 Replies

Level 10

Hi Eric,

I have seen funny behaviour when tabbing within Preview in LC Designer. It may be picking up a read-only item in the Master Page.

Good luck,

Niall