Expand my Community achievements bar.

issue: addInstance() does not allow me to submit the form

Level 7

Hi,

I am facing an strange issue with my form. This form has been generated through assembler but I am facing an issue and

when i design a new form with the same hierarchy it doesnt show me the same problem.

Issue:

I have placed an button to create instance of a subform {subform contains some other controls like txtfield,button etc} and an "email" button.

When i have single instance < i.e  only ONE subform> and click on "email button" on the form then I am able to produce an xml file as attachment to my client outlook.

but when i have more than one instance of the same subform and click on the "email button" on the form then it closes the form. It doesnt generate xml file.

i am not able to figure out where i am doing mistake or any configuraion that needs to be changed on any control. Please let me know if I need to upload or send my xdp or pdf form.

generating XML.JPG

Regards

Sunil

11 Replies

Level 8

Upload it here and I'll take a look.

Kyle

Level 7

Kyle,

thanks for helping me. I have uploaded the pdf at above link.

Regards

Sunil

Level 9

Hi Sunil,

Sometimes assembling XFA file through LiveCycle gives strange results. Have you assembled two XFA documents or a XFA documents with a fragment? If you have assesmbled two XFA documents , the dynamic nature of the PDFs generally gets lost. I guess you are trying to add a subform by inserting as a fragment, right? Also diccicult to tell what's happening without seeing the form.

Thanks,

Bibhu.

Level 7

Bibhu,

Yes, I am trying to add subform by inserting as a fragment.

there must be some solution if I get to know adobe lc bad while assembling.

Let me know your email id, I will send you my xdp/pdf form.

thanks

Sunil

Level 7

Kyle,

did you get chance to see into uploaded form. I uploaded the form on above provided link.

thx

Sunil

Level 7

Hi VJ,

I send you xdp and pdfs for the same issue.

thanks

Sunil

Level 7

Bibhu,

I sent you on your email id. Please hv look.

thanks

Sunil

Level 8

Hey Sunil, I was away from my computer for the long weekend (haven't even looked at a form for 5 days!).

Good news is I discovered what is crashing Reader, bad news is, I have no idea why!

Simple fix though:

The subform that wraps your EmailSubmitButton1, name it something. Anything. For some reason having that nameless subform crashes Reader.

Kyle

Level 7

Hi Kyle,

thanks, I will confirm the solution of this issue as you mentioned. Right now I am busy in other tasks but resume it soon.

Anyways thats for your gracious support. I appreciate.

thx

Sunil