Expand my Community achievements bar.

Is this list of supported desktop browsers correct?

Level 2

http://helpx.adobe.com/livecycle/help/livecycle-es4-supported-platforms.html#Desktops

My question has to do with versions.  Should these browser versions for Desktops be considered "that version + later versions"?  Specifically, if HTML5 is supported in IE9, is it supported in 10?  And if its' supported in Chrome 19, what about the current version 26?

8 Replies

Employee

At this point, the LC team has not quite declared support for IE10 given there are some issues. The team plans to fix it in quick time.

I dont know about Chrome 26.

Level 1

Hi ,

You are correct it is basically that "version + latest version" with the only exception of  IE10 which was not verified for ES4 release because IE10 was a beta release at that time.

So when we say..

Chrome 19 it  means Chrome 19 onwards.So Chrome 26 works absolutely fine for HTML5

Firefox 13 means Firefox 13 onwards

Safari 5.17 onwards for MAC.

Please let us know if  this clarifies?

Level 2

Yes, that does help. Thank you. Do you know when IE10 would be supported?  Are there many known issues with IE10 that you know of?

Thanks!

Ben

Employee

Is it the desktop browser or metro browser that you are interested in?

IE10 support is on the roadmap you may keep in touch with Adobe LiveCycle Enterprise support to receive any updates on that.

--Santosh

Level 2

We're interested in the desktop version at this point.  Thanks for the clarification.

Level 2

Sorry for the double-post, but I also need to get an idea of the plans for Adobe Reader extensions - will LiveCycle continue to support PDFs for the forseeable future?  Currently all of our forms are PDFs and we want to continue to offer that.

Employee

There is no change in our plans for the PDF form renditions. There are many use cases that are solved by PDF forms which may be hard if not downright impossible to solve in HTML.

Regards,

Suvrat