Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Is there any way to remove the separator lines in a comb box?

Level 2

Hi,

I'm creating a form that requires number fields (of a specified amount of characters) in a table but I don't want the separator lines between the characters.  Is there any way to turn that off?

Thank you for your help in advance.

p.s. I also notice that if I copy the first field in the column to the second row, the separator lines aren't in the second row??? THAT is what I want the first row to look like.

Kim

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 2

Thank you Radzmar

When I tried to put the <border> tags in manually when I saved the xml it cleared them all out again.

That being said, I figured out a way to do it.  In the object pallet->Cell tab->Appearance: ->Custom--> I set the border width to zero...That did it!!!

Thanks for your help and quick response though.

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Level 10

Hi,

yes you can do this.

Therefore you have to modify the XML source.

Create a field,select it in the design view and go to the XML source view.

You will see it's structure as a set of XML tags.

By default Designer removes all tags, which aren't used for the layout, so the needed <border> tags are missing.

Add them manually.

As there are 4 edges in a field, and you only need to hide the left one, you have the set up all four edges individually.

The left edge is the fourth, which needs to be hidden.

You also can use my macro, to modify the layout of fields.

http://thelivecycle.blogspot.com/2011/06/field-designer-macro.html

FieldDesignerLeftEdge.png

Correct answer by
Level 2

Thank you Radzmar

When I tried to put the <border> tags in manually when I saved the xml it cleared them all out again.

That being said, I figured out a way to do it.  In the object pallet->Cell tab->Appearance: ->Custom--> I set the border width to zero...That did it!!!

Thanks for your help and quick response though.