Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.
SOLVED

Is there any way to filter the LCCS room console from the list of users?

Level 3

I want to be able to hide the user that's logged into the room console from the list of users. Is there any way to identify that user?

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Former Community Member

For a particular account, there should be only one user able to log into

the console (the account owner) - that user will have a fixed userID

(WCD-xxxxxx). You could use that (provided that same user doesn't log into

the real app and expect to be seen).

nigel

View solution in original post

5 Replies

Former Community Member

Hi,

There is no standard way to hide users as such other than using anonymous presence. But the catch is, if you would set any property of change anything from dev console that publishes a message, then you will be noticed.

The user that logs into the room console is always the owner, may be your client app, you can hide based on your both permission level and name/userID by subclassing Roster. I am just throwing up ideas, but as such there is no standard method for this.

Whats your use case ? It's an interesting thought though and something we would think about on our side.

Hope this helps

Thanks

Hironmay Basu

Level 3

My use case is that my users are in the room and sometimes things get stuck. (Typically because they did something that I didn't expect.) I'd like to be able to unstick them without having to show my presence.

Maybe you guys could setup the console user as having permission level 101. (I believe that the owner permission is 100.) 101 could indicate that it's not a typical user connected but rather a maintenance process.

I suppose, alternatively, I could use the owner role to indicate that and change the rest of the roles to work within that.

thanks for your help

Former Community Member

For your case, you could build a custom roster UI which only displays the

users you desire - the UI is just UI, so you have control over what gets

displayed. You could use UserManager's USER_CREATE and USER_REMOVE events to

detect folks coming and going, and display whomever is appropriate.

hope that helps

nigel

Level 3

How do I determine which user is the LCCS console user?

Do I have to just filter that user out by name? Or is there a more general way to do it?

-sandy

Correct answer by
Former Community Member

For a particular account, there should be only one user able to log into

the console (the account owner) - that user will have a fixed userID

(WCD-xxxxxx). You could use that (provided that same user doesn't log into

the real app and expect to be seen).

nigel

The following has evaluated to null or missing: ==> liqladmin("SELECT id, value FROM metrics WHERE id = 'net_accepted_solutions' and user.id = '${acceptedAnswer.author.id}'").data.items [in template "analytics-container" at line 83, column 41] ---- Tip: It's the step after the last dot that caused this error, not those before it. ---- Tip: If the failing expression is known to be legally refer to something that's sometimes null or missing, either specify a default value like myOptionalVar!myDefault, or use <#if myOptionalVar??>when-present<#else>when-missing. (These only cover the last step of the expression; to cover the whole expression, use parenthesis: (myOptionalVar.foo)!myDefault, (myOptionalVar.foo)?? ---- ---- FTL stack trace ("~" means nesting-related): - Failed at: #assign answerAuthorNetSolutions = li... [in template "analytics-container" at line 83, column 5] ----