Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Is there a way to 'reinitialise' a form...?

Former Community Member

Hi All

I have a form that collects user data, as the form is populated manually there are various dynamic tables that can grow / shrink as the user adds / deletes rows. I also have some hidden tables to concatenate text and format it for future processesing. This all works fine as the user builds the form. As per the image below the '+' button on  'Supplier Name' adds a row to the top table and  HIDDENSupplierDESC also adds a matching row for each supplier and concatenates some text. So far so good

Working concat.JPG

My issue is that sometimes users will use an existing form as a basis for their form, update it (adding, amending and deleting fields as appropriate). When this happens I am seeing some strange behaviour Eg image below where only the top row is displayed in the HIDDENSupplierDESC field.

concat FAIL 2jpg.jpg

I suspect this is because the table is not being 'built' as the user adds rows by clicking a '+' button. Is there anyway to force the form to 'reinitialise' in some way and as such to populate / concatenate correctly?

Has anyone any advice please?

Thanks

Ellis

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Former Community Member

Hi - thanks for your reply

Yes the HIDDENSupplierDESC is hidden and needs to remain as such. I am not sure I follow why the presence makes a difference here? It works fine when the form is filled in from scratch, only when an existing populated form is used as the template and altered do I encounter the issue. How does the presence of the hidden table come into play?

LiveCycle is weird sometimes!

E

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Level 10

Hi there,

I am guessing that your row at the bottom HIDDENSupplierDESC is hidden by default.. If yes, you would need to make a loop through all the rows to set their presence back to visible...

You would need to do this each time the instances are created..

If not, there might be something else that would need to be changed to fix this issue..

Hope this help

Correct answer by
Former Community Member

Hi - thanks for your reply

Yes the HIDDENSupplierDESC is hidden and needs to remain as such. I am not sure I follow why the presence makes a difference here? It works fine when the form is filled in from scratch, only when an existing populated form is used as the template and altered do I encounter the issue. How does the presence of the hidden table come into play?

LiveCycle is weird sometimes!

E

The following has evaluated to null or missing: ==> liqladmin("SELECT id, value FROM metrics WHERE id = 'net_accepted_solutions' and user.id = '${acceptedAnswer.author.id}'").data.items [in template "analytics-container" at line 83, column 41] ---- Tip: It's the step after the last dot that caused this error, not those before it. ---- Tip: If the failing expression is known to be legally refer to something that's sometimes null or missing, either specify a default value like myOptionalVar!myDefault, or use <#if myOptionalVar??>when-present<#else>when-missing. (These only cover the last step of the expression; to cover the whole expression, use parenthesis: (myOptionalVar.foo)!myDefault, (myOptionalVar.foo)?? ---- ---- FTL stack trace ("~" means nesting-related): - Failed at: #assign answerAuthorNetSolutions = li... [in template "analytics-container" at line 83, column 5] ----