Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Is there a way to enable LiveCycle forms to be viewable in Firefox or Chrome without shutting off their built-in PDF readers?

Level 2

Is there a way to enable LiveCycle forms to be viewable in Firefox or Chrome without shutting off their built-in PDF readers?

I read an article that states that in order to view XFA forms in Firefox and Chrome you have to turn off their built-in PDF rendering engine. However, that seems like a lot of work to ask my end-users. Is there a way to enable the form to be opened in Firefox and Chrome without having to turn off their built-in PDF rendering engine? Is there a setting somewhere?

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 7

No. Third party support for interactive PDFs of any kind is scarce. I don't believe either browsers' built-in reader can handle XFA or AcroForms. Look at (Support XML Forms Architecture (XFA) forms · Issue #2373 · mozilla/pdf.js · GitHub) for details. PDF is a complex standard and most viewers are having enough problems supporting the basics. You of course, could look at the Adobe LiveCycle server suite, which allows for HTML rendering of XFA forms.

View solution in original post

1 Reply

Correct answer by
Level 7

No. Third party support for interactive PDFs of any kind is scarce. I don't believe either browsers' built-in reader can handle XFA or AcroForms. Look at (Support XML Forms Architecture (XFA) forms · Issue #2373 · mozilla/pdf.js · GitHub) for details. PDF is a complex standard and most viewers are having enough problems supporting the basics. You of course, could look at the Adobe LiveCycle server suite, which allows for HTML rendering of XFA forms.