Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.

Is Page Object Required?

Level 3

Newbie question... Is the page object required? I am developing a multipage form with flowable layout. It seems the form works the same way with or without Page objects which makes me wonder, besides forcing a page break, is there any other reason to use Page objects in a dynamic form?

Thanks!

3 Replies

Level 8

You need to have at least one pageArea object (Masterpage) with a contentArea to build any XFA form. I can't think of an example of a form that wouldn't have one.

Kyle

Level 3

To clarify, my form's hiearchy is what you see on the screen below. There is a master, with header/footer and other page design elements. Then all the items with page icons below the master are actually flowed subforms, except for "SignaturePage" which is a Page object because we want that section to always start at a new page. Does it matter that those subforms (introduction; generalInfo, jobRequirements, etc.) are not nested in a Page object? On my end (preview in Designer and test in Reader XI) work fine.

Snap 2013-02-01 at 15.49.15.png

Level 8

All the 'Page objects' in your hierarchy are actually just subforms including SignaturePage. Depending on the size of the subform, whether it is Positioned or Flowed and the Pagination properties you give it, is what determines whether they start on a new page or not.

Kyle