Expand my Community achievements bar.

Is LiveCycle not included with the CS5 Design Premium package anymore?

Level 1

I recently purchased my CS5 suite and went to fire up Livecycle and i do not see it included in the adobe startup list. Did Adobe remove this component from th CS5 Design Premium Package?

3 Replies

Level 1

Hi,

Did you find an answer to this question. I just purchased Adobe Master Collection with Acrobat X Pro. I can't find LiveCycle. Is it now a separate purchase?

Level 1

Mr. Vick,

From what i can tell Adobe has moved this component to the Enterprise Platform which in my opinion is really stupid to put a very nice component for form creation out of the design end. I think Adobe is pushing hard for a way to have it's database subscription service put to good use. Since you can tie forms down with your Adobe Digital ID it forces you to go through this so as a result they have increased the amount of things you can do with this service and have bundled it all together now as LiveCycle Enterprise Suite. This in turn means you pay additionally for what we had in CS4. Especially when we may only need a very small componenet. My suggestion if you still have it is stick with Livecycle from CS4. I have. That is unless you have an additonal two months to learn all of this other stuff that they have included here: http://www.adobe.com/products/livecycle/?promoid=GYFSD

Level 1

Hi,

I appreciate your response. I have CS4 at home and had CS3 at work. Recently, at work we purchased four upgrades and one full version of the CS5 Master Collection. I am not a graphic designer. I work in a print production environment. I wanted to create a new form using the Acrobat templates so I attempted to create a form with the upgraded software. I was amazed that I could not find an option to create a PDF Form from scratch or by using a template in LiveCycle as I had done before in the earlier versions. I waited two hours on the phone with Adobe Support and finally got a response from the Sales Department. As you mentioned, Adobe Sales said they sell the product separately but that it is also included/bundled with Adobe Acrobat Pro (the CS5 purchase). However, Sales could not of course tell me how to access it. I created a form at home with my older version of software using LiveCycle's templates. I sent the file to myself at work and I was able to open it in LiveCycle in Adobe Acrobat X Pro - CS5 at work. Adobe Acrobat X Pro first recognizes that the file is designed in LifeCycle then Adobe Acrobat closes the PDF and reopens it in LifeCycle. So, I won't be upgrading at home too soon at least until I find out what else might be missing from CS5.

Thanks for responding with the extra information.