Expand my Community achievements bar.

Guidelines for the Responsible Use of Generative AI in the Experience Cloud Community.

Is LCCS the right service for me?

Former Community Member

Hi there, I am currently creating an app that allows a user to wecam chat to ONE other user - not multiple users, just one.

The application contains a list of friends and you can call a friend by clicking the call button next to each name.

Depending on whether the callee accepts or denies the call you can start having a webcam conversation.

Basically I do not want a multiple video conferencing application.

Should I still be using LCCS for this type of application or is there something else more suited for this?

I started building the application in Stratus and everythign was working well using near_id and far_ids to directly connect to each other but then I realised that Stratus is not going to be commerically available so I need another alternative. LCCS seems like the right one but there are hardly any documentation out there for private web cam chats.

It seems like creating a group is the way to go, if that is the case then everytime a user calls a friend, a group must be created at that time, would this be right?

but then how can the subscriber know what the group name is?

And how will the subscriber know that someone is calling them?

This makes me think that LCCS is not the one for me.... or is it?

Any help would be most appreicated, thank you.

4 Replies

Former Community Member

Hi,

We have earlier also received request for private webcam/audio streaming and we are actively working on this. This feature will come soon in one of our future updates sometimes in early part of next year. So, you can wait till then or you can create a group but I agree, group is not the correct way for such applications.

We also plan to provide private streaming capability to a group a people(not all) instead of just one person. So, hold tight for some time soon.

If you need is extremely urgent, then I would say group there is a forum post on private audio/video conference for reference. To pass a message inside a group in general, you can create a ShredProperty with the sharedID as groupName and use that to pass the message.

The subscriber can in general get the groupName in the audio/webcam subscriber to know if his stream is part of a group.

My advice will be to hold on for some time as our private audio/video streaming will make the experience very smooth.

Hope this helps.

Thanks

Hironmay Basu

Former Community Member

Hi Hironmay,   Thanks for your reply, that was very helpful and I look forward to the private webcam implementation.   Thanks again

Level 1

Hi Hironmay,

Has this proposed functionality been achieved? If so, how can it be achieved using the API's?

Thanks,

Srirangan

Former Community Member

Hi Srirangan,

We're not quite there yet - look for this in an upcoming release (within

the next couple of months).

nigel