Expand my Community achievements bar.

Is it possible to select a # of units & form then creates same # of sections?

Level 1

I am a new user & am working with a form that we need our sales staff to complete.  We currenty use a LOT of paper & the agents have to print a blank form & either attach multiple forms or tape the additional sections on the original form.

I am setting up this form so that our sales agents can fill it out in adobe, then e-mail it.  I would like the agents to be able select the number of destinations (which I can set up), and have the form then add the matching number of sections that need to be filled out for each destination.

So page 1 has multiple fields for them to fill out.  Page 2 - at the top I would have them select the number of destinations.  If they choose 1, then the form gives the one section to fill out.  If they choose 3, then the form gives them 3 sections to fill out.

I hope I explained what I am wanting.

Thanks!

3 Replies

Former Community Member

The simplest method to dynamically add and remove 'sections' of a form is to use the Instance Manager to add and remove sub-forms, one sub-form at a time.

The attached sample produces the results below. The section outlined in yellow is a sub-form that is added and removed.

foo.PNG

Steve

Level 1

This is what I need to have the form do.  However, when reviewing the HELP section for "Creating a button to add and remove a section", it's not much help & maybe I'm over my head.  I'm not a programmer.  The help description talks about a sample interactive Purchase Order form - I guess I need to find this sample for to see how the script is written.

Former Community Member

The samples are shipped with Designer and should be available in the install path. See the folder '..Designer ES\8.2\EN\Samples\Forms\Purchase Order'.

Steve