Expand my Community achievements bar.

Is it possible to populate fields in a dynamic PDF based on end-user inputs of dropdown lists?

Level 1

Hello,

I'm new to Adobe LiveCycle but have already created my first form with some calculated fields. My knowledge of javascript and coding is limited, but I'm willing to learn.

I have an excel database with FTE values that is time and subsidiary/company dependent. I would like to create a method of reporting for controllers to be as simple as possible. I'm hoping to send users a form that would autopopulate data into cells based on the end-users input of time and subsidiary/company information which I would steer via drop down lists. The end user would then select their corresponding subsidiary, entity and time frame through these drop down fields to generate a query that would autopopulate other fields based on their input. These inputs would then be matched to the corresponding data contained in the database. I'd imagine that the selection of the drop down fields could help create a unique ID (like the "concatenate function in excel") that would thereby search to autopopulate fields (similar to a vlookup function in excel).

If I'm not mistaken, Adobe runs on Java, so the database would have to be Java compatible I presume (currently it's in excel).

If anyone could provide any support, I'd be very thankful.

I'm using Adobe LiveCycle9, and my end-users are using Adobe Acrobat Reader 9 and do not have access to a common shared drive.

Thanks.

0 Replies