Expand my Community achievements bar.

Is it possible to know whether a pdf is a layered or not using adobe livecycle?

Former Community Member

Hi I am new to LiveCycle. I have developed an livecycle application which works fine with the normal pdfs. When a layered pdf is passed as an input my application is crashing.

So I developed another application. But I am confused when should I invoke the application developed for Layered pdf. I don't know which pdf is layered one and which one is normal pdf file.

4 Replies

Employee
  1. Which version of LiveCycle version are you working on?
  2. What LiveCycle service is your application using? Can you attach the lca?
  3. Also attach the server log in case you see any errors in the logs when layered PDF is provided as input?

Former Community Member

Thanks for the reply. I am merging the pdf file with another pdf file. It was working fine when I do this with a pdf file which does not have any layers tab, but same file is merged with the file having layers tab. Then the file merged is displaying as all the layers are selected i.e., all the layers are selected. I can't give you my lca file. Please suggest me a way for recognizing the layered pdf's.

Level 7

Hi Kalyan,

I dont understand term Layering in pdf. Could you understand me what is layering in a pdf. May be it is analogous to some different term in adobe lc

-

Sunil

Employee

Kalyan,

There is a service called PDFUtilities but that does not seem to expose any API to check whether a PDF is layered or not?

Can you attach the log when there are failures due to layered PDF?