Expand my Community achievements bar.

July 31st AEM Gems Webinar: Elevate your AEM development to master the integration of private GitHub repositories within AEM Cloud Manager.

Is it possible to import an XML file using a PDF open parameter?

Level 1

Hi all,

I know it's possible to import data from an .xml file into a form automatically when the file opens (by hardcoding the xml file name using javascript and the importData function).Problem is I don't know the name of the .xml file ahead of time, so i can't hard code it.

1) Is it possible to pass the name of that .xml data file to the form using a URL/hyperlink? Maybe something similar to the Adobe PDF open parameter FDF.

2) Or has anyone managed to import an FDF into a form created with LiveCycle Designer?

1 Reply

Former Community Member

You won't be able to import an FDF file as that is not support for XFA forms. If you save an XDP data file from Acrobat then you can look at the file and you can see a reference to the template that was used. When you open that xdp again it will launch the form and merge the data onto it automatically. Note that the XDP file is an xml data file format with a few processing instructions.

Hope that helps

Paul