Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Is it possible to have objects shift up/down automatically?

Level 1

I want to put together a form that is made up of various sections (not necessarily broken out by pages) with the option to include/exclude certain sections. Is there a way to have all of the sections or subforms laid out one after another so that when a specific section is checked to be included, any sections that appear above that are not included are then hidden while the sections that are to be included are then shifted up so that there are not blatant gaps between the sections?

See the simple diagram below to help explain what I'm trying to do. Thanks.

Sample.jpg

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 5

HI,

This is possible if you use subforms and make them flowed, then when you hide a subform using the presence property, the form will reflow, the forms also have to be saved as Dynamic PDF.

Hope this helps

Malcolm

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Correct answer by
Level 5

HI,

This is possible if you use subforms and make them flowed, then when you hide a subform using the presence property, the form will reflow, the forms also have to be saved as Dynamic PDF.

Hope this helps

Malcolm

Level 10

Hi,

This example tries to show the presence properties in both Positioned and Flowed layouts: http://assure.ly/h7whb8.

Hope that helps,

Niall

Level 1

Is there a way to have the subform span across multiple pages? Some of the sections that we will have will be more than one page in text, is there any way to account for this?

Level 10

Yes, you need to select the subform and then go to the Object > Subform palette. There tick the allow content to break over pages. If the subform is inside another container (like another subform or page), then that will also need to be set to allow content to break.

Parallels Desktop1.png

Niall