I am making a Letter-sized form with expandable field and I want the form to flow text/objects to the next page. is this possible? pls help.
It is possible with the following things taken care of:
1) Make sure the parent Subform/Page in which you have expandable field is set to flowed content
2) Make sure the option "Allow Page Break within Content" is checked
If you still have any issue, you can mail the form to me @ email@example.com
I got it to work. Some things I learned:
1. When first getting started on a form that needs to flow, set the page 1 subform to "flowed" at the very beginning.
2. Then set the other subforms as "positioned". (At least for the forms I make.)
3. Also set the margins for the page on the TopmostSubform. This at least keeps everything from going to the top left corner of the page when the page 1 subform is set to "flowed".
This is probably elementary to most of you, but I am slowly learning through trial and error.
Thanks for all the help.
Western text will push and place the elements one after the other from Left to Right. But, you will see no space between the objects. To avoid this you can create positioned subforms within the flow content and place the objects as required.
I found that under content flowed is flow direction changed from top to bottom to western text worked for me
Positioning elements one below the other without any space between the objects is the default behavior of Flowed Content.
To overcome this do the following :
1) Set Page1 to Flowed Content
2) For all the sub forms that are part of Page1, set the property as Positioned
Page1 - Flowed
..... Subform1 - Position
..... Subform2 - Position
..... Subform3 - Position
Its always safe to set a Page to Flowed and all Subforms to either Position/Flowed depending on requirement.
Suggest you to understand the difference between a Position Content and Flowed Content better as this is very important for form design.
if you still hav any issues mail me the form @ firstname.lastname@example.org
I am having the same problem. If I change the Page1 subform to flowed, everything squishes up to the top left corner. Surely there is a way to fix this without having to go in and reposition everything.
alcdtrainer any suggestions?
Thanks! this worked!
Now, can you please tell me how to align the objects inside the subform? it automatically assigns everything to the left. how do i turn this off or maybe just center align it.
Also, it automatically aligned objects right next to each other. i would like to have some space in between. im talking about the space between, the "leading", if they were text.