Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.
SOLVED

Is it possible to create forms and workflow by Workbench and manage them by ContentSpace?

Level 3

Hi,

In a previous issue, I have asked the interrelationship between Workspace and Contentspace. I learned a lot, and I'm very appreciate the kindly answer from Hodmi and Jasmin. And this time, I want to ask something about Workbench and Contentspace.

As a part of presentation for a corporate client, I am trying to make a demonstration model. I 've created a PDF form and an Approval-and-Rejection workflow by Workbench. And I want to upload the form and the workflow to the Contentspace.

In my imagination, I would make a button in the form, and then when I click the button, the form will be sent from the client side to the server side. As a result, it will appear on the space which I specified in Contentspace.

About the workflow, I guess the Contentspace and Workbench may have some common place about Process Management and there is some transportation mechanism or something else between them. So by changing some configuration the workflow could be added into Contentspace.

It is totally selfish imagination, but if it is possible, I think my corporate client will be more interesting about Adobe Livecycle.

Beg your help.

En Shoku

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 10

I think that's correct.

Let me just also summarize.

- You want to use Workbench to initiate a new process.

- Using Workbench you use the Content Space service to get a PDF from content space.

- You can use that PDF and assign it to a User step, so a user receives it in Workspace.

- The user completes the form, and Workbench saves the document or data back in a database or content space.

This is all things that can be done.

Jasmin

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Level 10

Let's me just try to answer to question in several pieces.

"And I want to upload the form and the workflow to the Contentspace."

You can definitily save the form in content space. I'm not sure what you mean about the workflow.

"In my imagination, I would make a button in the form, and then when I click the button, the form will be sent from the client side to the server side. As a result, it will appear on the space which I specified in Contentspace."

This is also possible.

"About the workflow, I guess the Contentspace and Workbench may have some common place about Process Management and there is some transportation mechanism or something else between them."

You need to use the ContentSpace service. The Content Space service gives you a bunch operation like storeContent, retrieveContent, etc. You can use that service in Workbench, or call it directly using SOAP or REST.

So to summarize, you can use the Content Space service to interact with content space to get and store your forms for you workflow.

Jasmin

Level 3

Thanks for your quick answer.

I think I am understanding the interrelationship among the Workbench, Content Space and Work Space gradually. So I summarized the answers to my questions so far and made a image as noted below. Is it possible to use the three components like this?

image.JPG

En Shoku

Correct answer by
Level 10

I think that's correct.

Let me just also summarize.

- You want to use Workbench to initiate a new process.

- Using Workbench you use the Content Space service to get a PDF from content space.

- You can use that PDF and assign it to a User step, so a user receives it in Workspace.

- The user completes the form, and Workbench saves the document or data back in a database or content space.

This is all things that can be done.

Jasmin

Level 3

Thank you very much! I feel more confident about my demonstration!