Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.

Is it possible to create and use a form with LiveCycle that does not require use of a server?

Level 1

Would like to create a standalone dynamic PDF form for use on an Android tablet. LiveCycle appears to do everything that I want regarding the creation of the form.  However in loading LiveCycle Mobile ES3 on my Android tablet, it would appear to not work unless I had established a LiveCycle server and account. Does LifeCycle always require the use of a server and account to work? As an alternative, will Acrobat Pro X create the same dynamic PDF form, with all of the wonderful objects that LiveCycle has, *without* requiring the use of a server and account to work, since this form is intended to be a standalone form, and not tied to a database?

3 Replies

Level 3
Level 3

Hi,

The Livecycle Mobile ES3 is like your workspace, with that you can see task assigned to you and you can approve or reject them, for that you need to require to connect to livecycle server.  Livecycle Mobile ES3 works only with livecycle server. But as per your requirement,  Livecycle Mobile ES3 is not required. Just download adobe reader for mobile and open your form.

Thanks

Level 1

Thanks for your reply that answers my question.

Level 10

Hi,

with Acrobat Pro (not Standard) you also have LiveCycle Designer, which is a member of the the LiveCycle family and allows creation of static and dynamic XFA forms.

Those forms are generally designed to run at client side, so you don't need any LC server.

But, with the current state of PDF viewers for Android (and iOS) you wont be able to use such form on those devices, cause XFA is not supported.