Expand my Community achievements bar.

Is it possible to automatically display the first item in a drop down list ?

Level 3

Is it possible to automatically display the first item in a drop down list ?

The reason I ask is  ... I am generating pre-filled PDF forms using XML data files.

Whenever there is a certain type of data I am populating a drop down list for the user to review.

Currently, the user must click on the drop down to see if data is there regardless of whether there is no data at all or many data lines of data..

I would like to make it clear to the user whether or not there is any data - right awa.y

I have considered creating a display item next (like a check box or a text field ) next to the drop down and setting it to cindicate if there is data, etc -

but i thougth that I would ask if the drop down could simply be set to automatically display the first item in the list (this is the preferred functionality)

If this is not possible I can always create a check box and set it if there is any data as an  indicator for the user ..

Thanks

1 Reply

Former Community Member

After populating the DDList you can set a value for that list. Note that if the user did not want to choose a value for that list it will still be set to your default value and that default value will be in your submitted data (this may not be the behaviour that you want).

Paul