Expand my Community achievements bar.

Is Adobe Live Cycle PDF Generator supported on virtual servers?

Level 2

Is virtualization of Adobe LiveCycle in a Production environment supported?

1. Can someone confirm that virtualization of livecycle is supported by Adobe in a production environment.?
  2. If so, is proprietary hardware required? Or can any server hardware (respecting the minimum requirements) be used?
  3. Is a specific VM software required or will any commercially available VM suffice?
  4. Does any documentation exist?  If so, where?
2 Replies

Level 2

LiveCycle works fine in a virrual environment, I have installed it several time for production use in VMs.  I typically use VMWare for production, but I've also intalled it on Virtual Box for local development use.

Hardware is abstracted in a VM environement anyway so no specific hardware is required.  However, keep in mind that LiveCycle requires a lot of memory so you need enough memory on the server to be able to allocate at least 4 gigs to the virtual machine running LiveCycle so the underlying server hosting the VM is going to need more than 4 gigs.

I haven't seen any VM specific documentation.  However, the instructions are not any different.  You just need to ensure the OS installed on the virtual machine is supported by LiveCycle.

Former Community Member

The compatibility Matrix does cover the details you're looking here: http://www.adobe.com/support/products/enterprise/knowledgecenter/softcomp2_0_1.pdf. Virtualization is mentioned for some specific configurations.

Be sure to go into production with only supported configurations. Virtualized or not, or you will be required to duplicate any issues you have in a supported environment.