Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.

Invoking long-lived process through API

Level 10

I am trying to invoke a long-lived process using web service API.

It doesn't create a task (workspace endpoint) as a initiation point. It directly moves on to the next task assignment activity.

Is this the default behavior ?

What's the harm?

It is not known to the next actor who initiated this task.

Any suggestions are welcome.

Nith

4 Replies

Level 10

"It doesn't create a task (workspace endpoint) as a initiation point. It directly moves on to the next task assignment activity. Is this the default behavior ?"

Yes, this is the default behavior. As I'm sure you know, there are different ways you can initiate a process in LiveCycle: REST, Soap, Email, Workspace, etc.

If you use Workspace to initiate the process, we give you an interface to load a form and start the process with that data. If you decide to use the API, you need to provide the initial parameter through code.

In both cases you're just calling your process using different invocation methods. Once the process is invoked, it'll go to the first step in the process. This is the step with the small green arrow beside it.

It doesn't make sense to initate a process through the API, and then initiate it again in Workspace.

"It is not known to the next actor who initiated this task."

There's always a account under which the process in invoked. If  you use the API it'll use the account you specify in the connection properties.

Does that make sense?

Jasmin

Level 10

"There's always a account under which the process in invoked."

which means, will this account get displayed in the Tracking (audit details) for the specific instance?

Nith

Level 10

It should. Are you not getting it?

Jasmin

Former Community Member

Hi Jasmin,

I tried to invoke the lonlived process from a JSP using webservice client. I don't get any error on JSP but seems like my livecycle process is not getting invoked. My process has two start points ..onw is default and other is workspace start point. When I try to start process from workspace then it works perfectly and invokes the process and assign it to next user. But when I use Java API to start the process then it is not working (not assigning it to the user). Can you please advice me where should I debug?

Thanks!