Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.

Invoke Restfull Webservice from pdf

Former Community Member

Hi All,
I was able to invoke SOAP webservice from pdf but unable to invoke Restfull Webservice.
let me know if anybody have used this earlier.

And also Is there any difference between the JavaScript used in normal HTML and in PDF ?

Thanks

Ali

6 Replies

Level 10

Hi Ali,

You can do GET, PUT and POST using FormCalc, so you can access a Google Calendar or a RSS feed. 

There is a example of accessing a RSS feed in this thread, http://forums.adobe.com/message/5695433#5695433

Regards

Bruce

Former Community Member

Hi Bruce,

Thank you veryyyyyy muchhhhhhh i was looking for this stuff .

One more thing is, I was able to invoke external webservice through pdf from outside my company network where as if i try within the network its not allowing . is there any way to set the proxies through scripting ??????

Regards,

Ali

Level 10

Hi,

Glad I could help.  Though, I don't know much about gateways and proxies.  I am not aware of any way of providing credentials to a proxy.  The only problem I have had (since Reader 9.0) is with a site that only allowed Internet Explorer, I think Reader must have appeared as a different browser to a proxy.

Versions of Reader before 9.0 didn't handle proxies at all well, but since then it just seemed to work.

Regards

Bruce

Former Community Member

Hi Bruce,

Thats fine, i have one more query not related to webservice.

How can we take backup of resources(.xdp,schemas) from LiveCycle server in production Environment as we cannot use workbench in prod ?

Regards,

Ali

Level 10

Hi Ali,

Sorry, another one I know almost nothing about.  We have a 3rd party host our forms all I do is send an email.

Can only suggest starting a new thread.

Bruce