Expand my Community achievements bar.

INVALID_SESSION, INVALID_TICKET, INVALID_INSTANCE, TOOMANYATTEMPTS is there any documentation?

Level 3

Hi LCCS Folks,

Can someone point me to some detail documentation on the causes and fixes the some of the error tokens below.  I'd like to beleive that I am making them up, but I've had to installations of the chat report those errors (in the last 2 days).   One of them is a customer I'm trying to convince to use LCCS chat, and I've deployed it for them, bit it's still pending.

INVALID_SESSION -- little more involved OWNER controlled chat, experienced by VIEWER role

INVALID_TICKET -- simple chat session

INVALID_INSTANCE

TOOMANYATTEMPTS -- this is an easy one to repro, disconnect the network connection.

Thanks!

--Doug

3 Replies

Former Community Member

Hi Mick,

Finally I could install it in my other windows 7 machine. Though it still doesn’t work on default machine , but still I can debug now with the new machine. So, I need the following info:

Which LCCS SDK are you using : Flex or Flash one and which player version. You cant use Flex SDK I believe since MobileApplications won't support those mx.controls components. Let me know these answers and I will get back to you.

Thanks

Hironmay Basu

Former Community Member

Hi Doug,

I can give you a quick rundown :

INVALID_INSTANCE : The roomURL doesn't exist, or you're completely

disconnected from the internet.

TOOMANYATTEMPTS : Usually, if you were connected, then get disconnected

(say, by shutting down connectivity), we attempt to reconnect a few times.

If that fails, after 3 or so attempts, you'll get this error.

Both of the above don't really have fixes; rather you might want to catch

them and pop up a dialog saying that the user doesn't appear to have an

internet connection.

For the 2 first errors, I think Raff might have a little more to say than I

do, but could you describe your set up a little more? Are you using external

authentication to set roles? In general, assuming everything's set up

correctly, you shouldn't hit these issues, so we should be able to get these

squashed.

thanks

nigel

Level 3

Hi Nigel,

INVALID_TICKET occurred (out the wild), for what is essentially a SimpleChat embedded within a Flex app. Owner and Guests, no external authentication.

INVALID_SESSION occurred (also in the wild), for a chat application which uses MultipleGroups, a room where guests must knock. No external authentication. The OWNER application did not report any errors. When the OWNER quit and restarted, then this error went away.

Are these errors set on the LCCS side? I do not find them when in the published source code, but then again, I may e doing something stupid.

Thanks,

Doug