Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Invalid PDF -

Level 1

Hello all,

I was working on a form in LiveCycle ES4 when my computer crashed.  Windows restarted and when I tried to open the from in LC, the "New Form Assistant" dialog box opened.  Regardless of the option I choose in the "New Form Assistant" I receive the error of "INVALID PDF".  I am guessing that since my computer crashed while I was in LC and had this particular form open, that somehow the file is now corrupt.

So my question is this, is there anyway to remedy/correct/fix this file?  Does anyone know of any software programs available that are able to "fix" a corrupted pdf file?

Thank you in advance for any ideas and or suggestions.

Jason

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 7

If you don't mind getting your hands dirty, Google "PDF Stream Dumper". You might be able to extract the XFA streams and recreate the document that way.

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Correct answer by
Level 7

If you don't mind getting your hands dirty, Google "PDF Stream Dumper". You might be able to extract the XFA streams and recreate the document that way.

Level 1

Thank you for the response.  I looked at the tool you suggested and am not sure if it was due to my own lack of skills/abilities or if the file was too far corrupted to salvage but when I opened the document up in using the "PDF Stream Dumper" I did not see anything useful that could be used to recover the coding.

On a happy note, I was able to recover the document from a previous version which helped but I still lost 1/2 of my coding.  So not a complete loss other than the time I lost in development.

Thanks again,
jason