Sign in

Sign in to Community

to gain points, level up, and earn exciting badges like the new
Bedrock Mission!

Learn more

Sign in to view all badges

Intermittent Session Authentication Problem

Level 3

Since I started using the last release of the SDK I've been seeing an intermittent problem with NOT receiving Authentication Events. It happens about 1 time in 20. Has anyone else seen this problem? Is the correct workaround to set a timer and try to login a second time?

Here is a snapshot of what my code looks like...

About 1 time in 20 the onEventNotification method doesn't get called. I don't remember seeing this problem up until recently...

public static var authenticator : AdobeHSAuthenticator;

[Bindable]

public static var session : ConnectSessionContainer;

public function LCCSSession(user : String, password : String, authToken : String, roomURL : String)

{

authenticator = new AdobeHSAuthenticator();

authenticator.userName = user;

authenticator.protocol = "rtmfp";

if(authToken != null && authToken != "")

authenticator.authenticationKey = authToken;

if(password != null && password != "")

authenticator.password = password;

this.open(roomURL);

}

/**

* Open the session

*/

public function open(roomURL : String) : void

{

session = new ConnectSessionContainer();

session.authenticator = authenticator;

session.roomURL = roomURL;

session.autoLogin = false;

session.addEventListener(SessionEvent.ERROR, onEventNotification);

session.addEventListener(SessionEvent.SYNCHRONIZATION_CHANGE, onEventNotification);

authenticator.addEventListener(AuthenticationEvent.AUTHENTICATION_FAILURE, onEventNotification);

authenticator.addEventListener(AuthenticationEvent.AUTHENTICATION_SUCCESS, onEventNotification);                                             

session.login();

}

private function onEventNotification(p_event:Event):void
        {
            Logger.getInstance().info("Got event for user: " + SpeedDateModelLocator.getInstance().userId + ". Event: " + p_event);
        }
Thanks,
Barry

4 Replies

Level 10

Hi Barry,

Are you using SDK we released couple of days back ? That had a fix for Authentication event.

Thanks

Hironmay Basu

Level 3

No. It's the one from a few weeks back. I'll get the new SDK tomorrow and I'll post a note back here in a few days to let you know if I'm still seeing the problem.

Thanks,

Barry

Level 10

Hi,

Yes we had a problem on this which was fixed. So, I guess you should be good. Let us know if you still face any issue.

Thanks

Hironmay Basu

Level 3

I haven't been doing as much testing over the last week, but I've seen this issue a couple of times since I installed the latest SDK.