Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.

Insterested in joining private beta

Level 3

My name is Eric and I spoke on the phone with Craig Jacobs yesterday.  I work for a company that provides software solutions.  Our team of developers is interested in using the Live Cycle Collaboration System in an up and coming project!  This brings up many questions…

We have created rooms using a web interface and need to try out the recording functionality that exists in private beta.  What would be required for us to participate in the private beta?  Also, is there a timeframe on releasing this functionality to the general public?

If we do not utilize the recording in LCCS, is there another means of catching the live video stream?

When further updates to the LCCS server API happen in the future, will Adobe still keep supporting past releases?  Will Adobe keep these features mostly backwards compatible?

Will there be any change in the fee structure in the near future?

When recording video from the server end, can we manipulate the quality of the recording?  Lower the fps for convenient storage?

Will there be the ability with the private beta functionality to save the recordings on our own webserver for playback on the web?

3 Replies

Level 3

I have received an e-mail and have had a couple questions answer

ed, thank you!  I am still curious about a few of the topics.

When recording video from the server end, can we manipulate the quality of the recording?  Lower the fps for convenient storage?

Is there an estimate to how long the recording will stay in private beta?  Will it be available to the public soon?

Thanks again for your e-mail response to the other questions.

Former Community Member

Hi There,

For changing quality, we don't offer anything specific for you there. Once

you've got the recording stored at your site, you're free to change the

quality of the A/V streams with whatever encoding tools you have.

We don't give dates for releases, but we're hoping it won't be too much

longer (months, not years =).

nigel

Level 3

Thanks for your reply. We look forward to digesting the code and coming up with an implementation very soon!