Expand my Community achievements bar.

Learn about Edge Delivery Services in upcoming GEM session
SOLVED

Installing Modeler plug-in in Flash Builder 4 (no longer beta)

Level 2

Hi,

I'm currently trying out the new release of Flash Builder 4 and I cannot get the Data Modeler plug-in to work.

Copying the files into the plugins directory makes (edit: some of) their names appear in the eclipse-plugins but does not enable the data model features.

The site where you can download the plug-in still mentions it is meant for the FB4 beta 2. Is this supposed to work with the current release of FB4 or is there a new version of the modeler plug-in coming?

Any help would be appreciated!

Thanks,

Rogier Oorburg

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Former Community Member

Rogier,

They are scheduled for release this coming Monday (April 5).

Steve

View solution in original post

8 Replies

Level 1

I got the same problem here

I want to start using Modeler plugin for my current project ASAP

Radek

Former Community Member

The plug-in available on adobe.com is beta and may behave as such. The new plug-in available for the shipping version of FB4 should be posted soon. Please note that there are 2 versions of the plug-in, one for Eclipse 3.4 and one for Eclipse 3.5.

Steve

Level 2

Thank you for your reply.

As far as I can tell there is only one version of the plug-in on offer on adobe.com, the file named "Adobe_Application_Modeling_plugin_v100.zip".

The filename and the fact that it is no longer being offered on labs suggested to me it was out of beta.

What are the 2 versions your referring to? Is the final version of Flash Builder using a different version of Eclipse?

Or should I just wait for a new version of the plug-in to be available on adobe.com?

Greetings,

Rogier

Former Community Member

Sorry. My reference to two version applies to the plug-ins that will be posted in the future.

FB4 supports Eclipse 3.4 and Eclipse 3.5 and there will be separate plug-in for each. I believe the FB4 beta was Eclipse 3.4 (Ganymede), only.

Steve

Level 2

Hi Steve,

Any indication of when the new version of the plug-in will be released?

Up until now I was able to use FB4 beta 2, but today the license for that expired so now there is no way to keep on using the modeler plug-in...

Please let me know if there is a way to keep using the plug-in or to get a new release as soon as possible.

Thank you,

Rogier

Correct answer by
Former Community Member

Rogier,

They are scheduled for release this coming Monday (April 5).

Steve

The following has evaluated to null or missing: ==> liqladmin("SELECT id, value FROM metrics WHERE id = 'net_accepted_solutions' and user.id = '${acceptedAnswer.author.id}'").data.items [in template "analytics-container" at line 83, column 41] ---- Tip: It's the step after the last dot that caused this error, not those before it. ---- Tip: If the failing expression is known to be legally refer to something that's sometimes null or missing, either specify a default value like myOptionalVar!myDefault, or use <#if myOptionalVar??>when-present<#else>when-missing. (These only cover the last step of the expression; to cover the whole expression, use parenthesis: (myOptionalVar.foo)!myDefault, (myOptionalVar.foo)?? ---- ---- FTL stack trace ("~" means nesting-related): - Failed at: #assign answerAuthorNetSolutions = li... [in template "analytics-container" at line 83, column 5] ----