Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.
SOLVED

Installing components...

Level 2

Does anyone have any experience installing components using workbench?  I've tried a couple of tutorials on how to install a component from Livecycle devnet and I'm not having any luck.  Each time I try to install the component in workbench it fails.  I can't even do the Hello world component.  Anyone have any ideas?

Mike

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 10

I usually have the following checkboxes checked:

- Export generated class files and resources.

- Export java source files and resources.

- Add directory entries.

- Overwrite Existing files without warning.

Jasmin

View solution in original post

11 Replies

Level 10

Installing a custom component should be pretty straight forward.

You right-click on Component (from the Component view) and select Install. Then browse to the jar file. Finally right-click and start it.

If you get errors, it's because there's a problem with the custom component. You can get the error from the Workbench log under Help/About Adobe Workbench ES2/Configuration Details/View Error Log.

Jasmin

Level 2

Is there a certain place the jar needs to be placed on the server?  I've tried uploading or installing the jar file using workbench with the jar file locally on my machine.  Is this the problem?  I'm trying to follow along with what I read on DevNet here:

http://www.adobe.com/devnet/livecycle/articles/dsc_development.html

It's a simple helloComponent and it won't install.  The reason I ask about placement of the jar file is that the error log comes back with this:

Caused by: java.io.FileNotFoundException: C:\WINDOWS\Temp\adobejb_server1\ArchiveStore\1416\com\adobe\sample\helloComponent.class (The system cannot find the path specified)

at java.io.FileOutputStream.open(Native Method)

at java.io.FileOutputStream.<init>(FileOutputStream.java:179)

at java.io.FileOutputStream.<init>(FileOutputStream.java:131)

at com.adobe.idp.dsc.management.impl.ArchiveFileManagerImpl$1.doInTransaction(ArchiveFileManagerImpl.java:276)

at com.adobe.idp.dsc.transaction.impl.ejb.adapter.EjbTransactionCMTAdapterBean.execute(EjbTransactionCMTAdapterBean.java:342)

at com.adobe.idp.dsc.transaction.impl.ejb.adapter.EjbTransactionCMTAdapterBean.doRequiresNew(EjbTransactionCMTAdapterBean.java:284)

at sun.reflect.GeneratedMethodAccessor247.invoke(Unknown Source)

at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:25)

at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:585)

at org.jboss.invocation.Invocation.performCall(Invocation.java:345)

at org.jboss.ejb.StatelessSessionContainer$ContainerInterceptor.invoke(StatelessSessionContainer.java:214)

at org.jboss.resource.connectionmanager.CachedConnectionInterceptor.invoke(CachedConnectionInterceptor.java:149)

at org.jboss.ejb.plugins.StatelessSessionInstanceInterceptor.invoke(StatelessSessionInstanceInterceptor.java:154)

at org.jboss.webservice.server.ServiceEndpointInterceptor.invoke(ServiceEndpointInterceptor.java:54)

at org.jboss.ejb.plugins.CallValidationInterceptor.invoke(CallValidationInterceptor.java:48)

at org.jboss.ejb.plugins.AbstractTxInterceptor.invokeNext(AbstractTxInterceptor.java:106)

at org.jboss.ejb.plugins.TxInterceptorCMT.runWithTransactions(TxInterceptorCMT.java:389)

at org.jboss.ejb.plugins.TxInterceptorCMT.invoke(TxInterceptorCMT.java:166)

at org.jboss.ejb.plugins.SecurityInterceptor.invoke(SecurityInterceptor.java:153)

at org.jboss.ejb.plugins.LogInterceptor.invoke(LogInterceptor.java:192)

at org.jboss.ejb.plugins.ProxyFactoryFinderInterceptor.invoke(ProxyFactoryFinderInterceptor.java:122)

at org.jboss.ejb.SessionContainer.internalInvoke(SessionContainer.java:624)

at org.jboss.ejb.Container.invoke(Container.java:873)

at org.jboss.ejb.plugins.local.BaseLocalProxyFactory.invoke(BaseLocalProxyFactory.java:415)

at org.jboss.ejb.plugins.local.StatelessSessionProxy.invoke(StatelessSessionProxy.java:88)

at $Proxy191.doRequiresNew(Unknown Source)

at com.adobe.idp.dsc.transaction.impl.ejb.EjbTransactionProvider.execute(EjbTransactionProvider.java:143)

at com.adobe.idp.dsc.transaction.impl.DefaultTransactionTemplate.execute(DefaultTransactionTemplate.java:79)

at com.adobe.idp.dsc.management.impl.ArchiveFileManagerImpl.inflateArchiveIntoLocalCache(ArchiveFileManagerImpl.java:258)

I believe it may be looking for the jar on the server but I'm not sure.  The description on the website doesn't say anything about moving the jar to the server.

Employee

Looks like it might be an error in the component.xml

Could you post to this thread?

Level 2

Sure thing.  Here it is.  In the article the developer suggests copying his component.xml (which was displayed on the web site.) and that's what I did.

Level 10

This is related to some Eclipse options when you export your jar.

Make sure you have "Export generated class files and resources." checked

Jasmin

Level 2

That one is checked.  I also unchecked the 'Compress the contents of the JAR file' option.  The only option that is checked is the one that you mentioned, Jasmin.  The way I'm going about exporting is right clicking on the project folder, clicking Export, then choosing JAR file, making sure 'Export generated class files and resources' option is checked, and clicking finish.  The last time I did an export I did remove the .classpath and .project checkboxes as a a friend of mine shared a jar he had created and successfully imported into a livecycle server with me, and we noticed some differences, mainly that his did not include those items.  So I removed them from the package and I still got the error.

Employee

Unfortunately, its taking a while for the component.xml file to become available.

Can you confirm that the package name of your java class in your project is indeed:

com.adobe.sample

Level 2

Confirmed.  It is com.adobe.sample.

Level 2

ok, just tried again after moving the component.xml into the src folder, got the same error, but here is the whole section of the log during my attempt to install the jar.

Correct answer by
Level 10

I usually have the following checkboxes checked:

- Export generated class files and resources.

- Export java source files and resources.

- Add directory entries.

- Overwrite Existing files without warning.

Jasmin

Level 2

Jasmin, you've done it again!  Thank you.  I'm not sure which of the other options caused it, (I'm going to assume it was the 'Export Java source files and resources' options for now, but I'll test it later) but I exported the jar with the options you provided and it installed using workbench no problems.  Thanks again

Mike