Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Inserting a date submitted field

Level 1

Hi,

I need to create a field at the beginning of the form of when the form was submitted. So rather than the user being able to or having to select a date. A date field is populated with the date the form is submitted.

Thanks in advance.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 10
4 Replies

Level 10

You can populate a hidden field on the form at the time of submit. If you want to display the date field with the date form is submitted, then you need to store/ persist the value some where (either in the XML)..

I put together a sample form for you. I am using a Email Submit button on the form and populating a field on the form at the time of submission. You can test the form in your machine by clicking on the Email Submit button. You can open the file that is being submitted in the email..

I am setting the rawValue of a text field with the Date() function in the preSubmit event of the Email Submit..

You can use any Java script functions to assign the date in the format based on your request.

Message.Page1.TextField1.rawValue = Date();

Thanks

Srini

Level 1

Thanks Srini. Where do I find the sample for?

Correct answer by
Level 10

Sorry.. Here is the Sample file..

https://acrobat.com/#d=QZS2WmRlvgjTIePj8a6mkQ

Thanks

Srini

Level 1

Thankyou, thankyou, thankyou Srini. You're awesome!

One last question...

What's the coding for a simple popup window. I'd like to use it for an information button.

Thanks again.

Su