Expand my Community achievements bar.

Insert NEW PAGE in the middle of existing pdf in designer.

Former Community Member

I have a long PDF I'm creating by adding sections on from the bottom. I can add NEW PAGE at the bottom.

I'm stuck now where I am missing a page in the middle and want to add page 30 to a document with 45 pages.

CAN I ADD A BLANK PAGE IN THE MIDDLE OF THIS DOCUMENT? If yes, then tell me how, if no

then, the only way would be to delete 31 to 45 and reinsert those all over again? TRUE. This is my first

time in a forum like this. I've read questions often and then read no so many really good answers. Please help.

8 Replies

Level 10

Hi,

The easiest way would be to ad the new page, which will appear at the end. Collapse all of the pages in the hierarchy 1, and then drag the new page until it appears after the existing page30.

Tip: when draging the new page up, keep the mouse nudged over to the left, so that the new page appears at the same level in the hierarcy (eg as a page and not as a subform of page30).

LC Designer Workspace.png

Good luck,

Niall

Former Community Member

I’ve tried that but I get it imbedded inside another page. Perhaps, I’m just anxious. Dragging a page 15 pages up is a bit of a stretch…thanks for getting back to me.

Former Community Member

I will let you know how it goes…

By the way, do you know how to put a bookmark hyperlink on a table of contents to jump to the section?

I think I did it before in just Adobe pro, but I have my document in LiveCycle and was wondering if that functionality is there?

When I preview, I need to jump down rather than page forever. This doc will be 95 pages when complete.

Level 10

Hi,

It can be a challenge, but is achievable. That's why I was suggesting collapsing the pages, to minimise the vertical distance. Also you want to aim for between the pages.

Practice makes perfect!

Niall

Former Community Member

Okay, got it. Yes, the distance is about 4 inches, but if it gets nested then undo and try again. Thanks.

Former Community Member

Looks pretty straight forward. Will look into it, but right now still moving pages around.

The other example created a hyperlink unlined and a color, guess, I could simulate that, so the click on the item will jump with that choice code. Thanks!

Former Community Member

I tried your code from assure. User did not want a menu on a button that would not appear on the paper. So instead I put in buttons in my index page with an action and set the specific page. Before the document (88 pages) starts to grow the page numbers will be okay for the user. After the dynamic document starts to grow as instances are added, what will happen with the paging? Or can I use II.1, II.2, III.1, …III.10, IV.1, etc. I have 16 sections, will LC accommodate this sort of paging format?