Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.

Insert form button

Level 1

Hello,

I have created a Dynamic document for my department. I'd like to add a couple of other options that would help us stream line some processes.

1) I have a check-box that I have setup under the action builder to show/enable a subform (an entire page). But when I click on it, nothing happens. I have looked throughout the form to see if there are any issues with the dynamic options, but they all seem to be setup the right way.

2) I'd like to add a button, so that when is clicked in the final PDF version, a person can add an external document as a new page. This will allow us to submit the form I created (cover-page of sorts) with the document (pdf) provided to us. 

7 Replies

Level 10

Hi, The first option should be straight forward, are you able to share your form?  If you upload it to a file share site (Dropbox, Google Docs, etc) then you can add a link to it in this thread so we can have a look. 

Level 1

Hello BR001,

Unfortunately, I cannot share the form as it is copyrighted by my employer, and its for Internal-Use Only.

Level 10

Hard to say for sure without seeing it.  First thing to check would be to make sure it is saved as a dynamic form and not a static one.  Also, make sure you have the show errors set in Acrobat under Edit ... Preferences ... JavaScript.

Level 1

Hello,

The form is definitely set to dynamic. As for the Java scrip portion, I am not able to locate it.

Do you have any insight on the button to insert another PDF document into my form?

Jorge

Level 10

Hi Jorge, Have a look at this blog about using the debugger,  http://blogs.adobe.com/formfeed/2010/03/using_the_acrobat_javascript_d.html

Not sure about you second question, are you wanting to add a PDF as an attachment to your form, or somehow use the PDF to add to the content of your form?

Level 1

Hello,

I’d like to add a PDF as a content to my form.

Jorge