Expand my Community achievements bar.

Importing Info into Drop Down List

Level 1

Bear with me - I'm very new to LiveCycle, and know very little about code...

I have a form that's currently in Excel that I want to recreate in LiveCycle.  Included is a drop down list of 800+ items.  Obviously, I don't want to enter those items manually.  Is there a way to import it somehow?

Thanks!

5 Replies

Level 2

I am also new to LifeCycle and with code. I posted a comment yesterday trying to find the answer myself.

If I find anything I will let you know. If you find an answer could you pass it on?

Thanks

Level 10

Hi,

I you are using LC Designer v8.2 or below, then the only way to hardcore the values into the dropdown is to add them one at a time.

You could script the dropdown (in the preOpen event) to populate the dropdown from an array. There are examples on  the forum.

Just to let you know, LC Designer ES2 (v9) has a new feature where you can paste a list of items straight into the dropdown (in the Object/Field). Saves a lot of time:

SecureClient1.png

There is a reasonable upgrade to LC Designer ES2.

Good luck,

Niall

Level 2

Are there different versions of E2

version 9?  The trial download I looked at seemed to be for a network version.  Thanks

Level 10

Hi,

LiveCycle Enterprise Suite ES2 is a range of components, most of which are server based solutions. LC Designer ES2 is just one component. This is used to develop the forms that are then used/processed by other components in the suite.

If you have recently downloaded the trial, then it is likely that the version of LC Designer you have is ES2. Check the Help/About LC Designer.

Also if you select a dropdown and go to the Object/Field tab and if the paste button is there, then you have LC Designer ES2.

LC Designer ES also comes as part of Acrobat.

Good luck,

Niall

Level 2

Thank you... I downloaded the new version.  What a time saver!!!