Expand my Community achievements bar.

Imported Data different from Exported Data in XML

Former Community Member

Hi, again =)

I'm making a dynamic xml form (pdf) in Livecycle ES4. It's a submission kind of form, the user fills it and submits.

The submission button is set up to send the xml data to a given email.

I have 3 dropdown lists in this form that work like this:

The user chooses an option from the dropdown list 1 which filters the options of dropdown list 2.

Then the user chooses an option from the dropdown list 2. This choice filters the options of dropdown list 3.

These lists have a lot of possible entries so I've set up a XML Connection which allows me to populate the dropdown lists easily.

Then, I've merged this two files (pdf and xml) using Acrobat Pro Extended and extended its features.

My problem is when the user submits the pdf.

The xml data file is the one I've made with the possible entries of the dropdown lists instead of the information the user enters in the fields.

I want to know if there's a way of making this possible.

Maybe by changing some settings or changing the data connection (imported data) from XML to other like Database.

Does anyone know how this works?

Thanks =)

3 Replies

Level 9

Hi,

When you are using a XML data connection and submitting the XML data as PDF can accomodate only one XML, so it would submit the whole XML that you are embedding using Acrobat. You need to do a bit of coding and you need to loop through all the nodes that are unused before submitting the XML.

Thanks,

Bibhu.

Former Community Member

Hi, Bibhu =)

Thanks for your answer. =)

What kind of coding are you talking?

The nodes you refer to are the "not chosen" options of the dropdown lists?

What if I have other fields in the form that I would like to bind so that the information entered is in the exported XML data file?

Is it possible to change the binding of the fields before the submission? Is this even a way?

Thanks again =)

Level 9

Hi,

You need not to do any specific binding overe here. The default binding would be "UseName". Here you have to use a list or an array then loop through the nodes of the XML you are embedding nad look for the field nodes that you want to put your data in from the embedded XML like that of a binding. Then remove all those unused XML nodes prior to submission.

Thanks,

Bibhu.