Expand my Community achievements bar.

Import/Combind PDF page within a form.

Level 2

I need some help with this one. I have a website that exports a GIS Map into PDF (11 X 17). I would like to import or combind this file with my form. Making this application user friendly. I'm open for any ideas.

3 Replies

Level 2

You may try to open the GIS PDF in Designer, then select "Create a Interactive Form with a Flowable Layout" in Import Options. After that you'll see all objects in the PDF have been converted to XFA objects. Then you'll be able to reuse the objects as other XFOs.

Not sure if it helps to solve your problem.

Level 2

I tried what you suggested and couldn't get it to work. The GIS document is created from a website and it exports a pdf copy to save on your desktop or desinated file storage. I would like to combind that exported pdf document into my form. I know how to combind documents in acrobat, but is there an easier way to achieve what I want?

Level 2

I'm not quite sure by which means you would like to perform the combining operation (client side or server side). As far as I know, Designer only allows XFA objects to be added into forms. So all other formats other than XFA will be converted to XFA objects if possible (during the steps I mentioned in last reply). However LiveCycle does provide some document assembling functionalities on server side (Assembler service).