Expand my Community achievements bar.

image in the pdf disappears after importing the pdf in adobe lcd

Former Community Member

1. We are generating certain pdf's from pdf lib (These pdf are also having image ). But, when we open the same pdf in Adobe LCD, the image      disappears.Instead of that, we see an empty box.

2. When we import any pdf (having image )into Adobe LiveCycle designer, the image object is there, but there is no image in it. i.e image data is not there.

Need help to resolve this issue. Kindly assist ASAP .

3 Replies

Level 6

There may be few reasons or combination of reasons for this.....

1. The image may have been defined as imageField rather than just image

2. May not have been associated as embeded image

3. I mage could be too big to load on the screen or not enough space in RAM to load in such cased it will just show as broken square, faded image.

4. PDFs may have been designed and open in different versions.

5. You may be opening the PDFs that are assigned with user rights.....

Best thing I suggest is open the PDFs in LCD and map the images again.... if you do not have access to the images you could copy and save locally just the images using Adobe Acrobat.

Good luck

Level 1

@Varma - Please find my comments in line :

1. The image may have been defined as imageField rather than just image

[Gaurav] is it at time of PDF generation ? If so, why are we not able to see image for any other general PDF ?

2. May not have been associated as embeded image

[Gaurav] How to associate it as a embeded image .

3. I mage could be too big to load on the screen or not enough space in RAM to load in such cased it will just show as broken square, faded image.

[Gaurav] No, image data was not huge. Its a very small image, in monochrom format.

4. PDFs may have been designed and open in different versions.

[Gaurav] We tried different version, but not working

5. You may be opening the PDFs that are assigned with user rights.....

[Gaurav] No, we had checked this also. This was not the case.

Level 6

Embed image is done on Object>>Draw tab to make it visible use Shift+F7 if it is not visible already.

>>[Gaurav] is it at time of PDF generation ? If so, why are we not able to see image for any other general PDF ?

at original design time the image object may have been defined as imageField item rather than just image item.

As I specified in my previous response it is ok to reassign the images as you intend to make some changes to the forms any way. Though it is additional task it works for your situation.

If you think it is ok to forward copy of PDF you have trouble with I can check the behavior on my machine.....you can forward me at n_varma(AT)lycos.com