Expand my Community achievements bar.

I need help with a 1 Page Form with scrollable text field (5000 limit characters) and printing

Former Community Member

Hello, I have no training in using Adobe Acrobat Pro or Livecycle Designer so I need major help with a 1 page form that I am attempting to create. Basically the form will be used to nominate employees for a Job Well Done Award. I created the form in Adobe Acrobat Pro XI.

The form contains the following:

1.) The name(s) of the employees being nominated and the date of the accomplishment.

2.) In the middle of the page I have a section for a write up, limited to 5000 characters, this is were I am needing the most help. A couple of things, about this section: The font is set at 11 and I don't want it to change. The text field has multiple-line, scroll long text enabled. The text field is a certain size and can only hold so much text, then it starts to scroll, which I am ok with, I like that feature. The issue I am having is during printing. I would like to keep the text field scrollable but when I print I would like to be able to print everything in that field. Executing this is the problem, I have no clue how to do it. I was hoping for some setting within Acrobat Pro or LiveCycle to be available, but the more I read and research this, it appears that it may require java, xml, basically some coding. I don't know for sure.

3.) Below the text field I have another field for the person nominating to type their name and right next to that another field for a digital signature.

4.) And finally below those two fields I have a Submit button that is setup to start email application so the form can be emailed to the proper inbox.

Thank you in advance.

I can upload the file of what I have now, not sure how though

0 Replies