Expand my Community achievements bar.

I have a reader extended rights (EULA) question, I'm hoping anyone can help..

Level 3

This situation is confusing, I know. And i've asked this before so I am sorry but I have not gotten an answer in over a month of searching. I'm going to give it another try.

Anyway, I want to know if my situation will violate the 500 limit EULA agreement. I have been reading loads of posts but nothing is really similar to what I'm doing.

Here it goes...

The plan is for me to design a dynamic form (which I have), and we are going to post it on our company internal website. The form generally will be filled out 10-15 times and usually by the same 10 people on a regular basis. Once the form is completed, they will be submitted to maybe 4 different employees (don't have Acrobat, only Reader), who will review the information and if anything is missing or needs to be added/changed, they will either input it themselves, if it's minor or forward it to the original user and ask them to resubmit it, if it needs a major change.

So once the form is submitted and approved as final with all the necessary information, I will lock all the fields so that the form can't be edited and forward it to about 60 people who are on a mailing list (same people every month), we all work for the same company. These users will open the form and save it locally if they have to and use the data within the form to populate whatever systems they need to populate.

That's it, and I'm wondering ANYONE can give me an answer? I've spent too much time reading about this already and I haven't been able to figure it out. I'm alone on this, other than you guys lol. I'm desperate haha.

Okay Please & Thank You

3 Replies

Level 10

Hi,

IMHO, I would say yes, your situation would comply with 16.8.3 (b) of the EULA:

Acrobat.png

In that you are not sending it out to more than 50 receipents and therefore you can extract information from returns, without limit. Eg you can process the forms from the 100 employees as many times as you like.

Anyone else got a different reading?

Niall

Level 10

I believe Niall is correct. Adobe has always been a little fuzzy on the whole usage/user language but in your case the EULA language seems pretty clear, you're under the 500 user limit.

From discussions I've had with some Adobe people, they're not so much worried about internal forms usage as they are public facing forms.

Also, they have no way to police the usage.