Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.

I can't get rid of white space between images (even when margins are 0)

Level 1

I'd like the user to be able to add two images that actually touch. I've set up 2 image fields that are touching, and set the margins to 0, but there is still white space in between the user added pictures.

I thought maybe the problem had something to do with borders, but when i click the borders palette, it tells me "these properties are not available for forms that contain background artwork".

Any help is appreciated.

6 Replies

Level 10

Hi,

Designer connot edit background artworks, this is only possible with Acrobat.

Level 1

but I'm trying to get two image fields to touch without white space (not background art)

Level 1

I guess you're right, if I import the document as a fixed form then it doesn't matter what image fields I add - I can't get them to touch, but when I import as a flowable form it works.

Level 10

Now I see what you mean.

There is a weird behavior of image fields in static forms.

Not sure what causes this effect, but the image area in the produced PDF is smaller than in Designer.

Level 4

Um...interesting. Have you tried placing a subform first then the 2 images within the subform? I just tried in Livecycle with a the main Subform Content set to Flowed. Then I brought in another subForm where I wanted the 2 images and then placed 2 image fields within that subform, making sure "snap to grid" was turned off because that sometimes caues issues with lining up objects in my personal opinion. Then I lined up the 2 images to ensure no white space and save the PDF as Static. No white space at all.  Maybe I am misunderstanding the question, but when I use the images within a subForm the white spaces disappear. Oh, make sure that the 2nd subForm is set to positioned (should be default) for the placing of the images.

Level 10

The behavior only appears if you create a static form.

I saw an old thread about it here in the forums, you have commented too.

It probably will never get changed or nobody have ever send a bug report about this to Adobe.

http://forums.adobe.com/message/4927663#4927663

I never had such problem with image fields in dynamic forms.

And I almost never build static forms from existing PDF files, as those forms are too limited in — ahem — everything.