Expand my Community achievements bar.

I am trying to place a image in Live Cycle and it comes up as a broken box (?). Other images that ar

Level 1

Please See title

3 Replies

Level 10

I think more information would be required. Referring to the title of the is lazy.

Is it an Image object or an ImageField object? What is the image format? What is the colour space? How are you placing the image?

Niall

Level 1

I placed it as the two different forms of images available in LC. I tried png, jpeg, bmp, tiff as a Photoshop file and as a regular Windows Viewer file. I tried dragging and dropping and double clicking both of the image options from the object library.

I'm not sure why I can't get the image I want to work. Others work and they are the same image files created from AI. have you seen this before Niall?

Level 10

Hi,

LC Designer has limited support for image files. Generally I would stick with JPEG or PNG. It you are trying to being in an image with transparencies, then it will need to be saved for the web and 8-bit PNG.

Also the colour space of the original image will need to be RGB, not CMYK.

Once you have the image file sorted, the only way to reliably to bring it into Designer, is to drag an Image object (or ImageField object) onto the page and then use the link to set the content of the image object. You do not need to embed the image, unless you are developing the form with other developers who would not have access to the image.

Example here: http://assure.ly/mcFrC6.

Hope that helps,

Niall