Expand my Community achievements bar.

I am getting the ssl error when trying to use launchpad on ssl, i can access adminui through ssl with no errors but launchpad says "unable to find valid certification path to requested target"

Level 1

Hi I desperately need help  to fix this error. I installed Adobe LCES4 with ssl enabled and i can access the adminui and workspace on the browser but he problem is when i try connecting to launchpad using https on the server even doing the simple thing like converting document to pdf throws the following error.

any help will be appreciated

DSC Invocation Resulted in Error: class com.adobe.idp.DocumentError : javax.net.ssl.SSLHandshakeException: sun.security.validator.ValidatorException: PKIX path building failed: sun.security.provider.certpath.SunCertPathBuilderException: unable to find valid certification path to requested target : javax.net.ssl.SSLHandshakeException: sun.security.validator.ValidatorException: PKIX path building failed: sun.security.provider.certpath.SunCertPathBuilderException: unable to find valid certification path to requested target

thanks

4 Replies

Level 2

Hi Mogofla,

Were you able to find a fix for this? I have the same error.

Thanks

Level 3

If your LC server is accessed through SSL, make sure you download the launchpad application using SSL only i.e.

https://<hostname>:<port>/launchpad

Level 2

Thanks Sid. That is how I downloaded Launchpad, and it is installed just fine (and I assume configured as well). I can see all of my policies from LCRM within the interface, but it fails when I actually try and perform an action like protecting a document, if that makes sense. I am getting the same error that mogofla mentions above upon trying to complete an action. We do not support SSL on the server, only TLS.

Level 3

not sure if you were able to figure this out. But when you access your Admin UI, does it give you any message before allowing to proceed to Admin ui over HTTPS ?

seems like you have a hierarchy of certificates, all of which should be trusted on the client. It's complaining about not finding certification path.

Which means that your client machine might trust your LC server cert, but may not trust parent or intermediate certs.

usually browsers just throw a prompt and let you move, but the launchpad does not have any such prompts, so it errors.