Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Hyperlink issue in LS Form

Former Community Member

On a form, I've got a script/button that when clicked, takes the text link  - which is a network server link - and changes it into a hyperlink.

The code in the green button on the form below works and does this well.  However, because the link has "\" type slashes (paths similar to "\\netapp\group\subdirectory\"), all of the slashes are escaped and rendered as "%5C".

I know that they are being escaped, but I need to disable that for the HREF section. 

Ideas how to do this? 

https://acrobat.com/#d=xEF1Y7dXFyiEbLkhfP3GZg

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 5

I am presuming this issue arises under acrobat/reader as your code excludes presentation agent. The paths you are trying to use are not acrobat device independant paths, which basically uses a different notation to try and support cross platform uri's. You would need to use file://netapp/group/subdirectory and so on. In general it would be protocol: \ device \ path \ file. Anything else gets URI encoded.

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Correct answer by
Level 5

I am presuming this issue arises under acrobat/reader as your code excludes presentation agent. The paths you are trying to use are not acrobat device independant paths, which basically uses a different notation to try and support cross platform uri's. You would need to use file://netapp/group/subdirectory and so on. In general it would be protocol: \ device \ path \ file. Anything else gets URI encoded.

Former Community Member

That did it...adding "file:" before the pasted link worked fine.

Thanks!