Expand my Community achievements bar.

Hyperlink - bug

Level 1

Hi All,

I've inserted a site URL in the page footer in the form of static text. Also I have a page title. When I preview the PDF the text in the footer turns to a hyperlink, which is fine, but at the same time it appends the page title to the URL.

For eg: My page title is 'Page Title' and I've inserted www.google.com in the page footer. When I preview the PDF, the URL becomes http://www.google.comPage/

Please see attached pdf.

Thanks for helping me out.

Mushtaq

8 Replies

Former Community Member

I am not sure how that came about but the object looks busted. Is it possible the original object was a 'Page n of n' object?

Regardless, I would suggest removing and recreating the Text object and inserting the hyperlink.

Steve

Level 1

Hi Steve,

Thanks for the quick reply. The original object was Text indeed and I've replaced so many times. Moreover the the page title also turns into a hyperlink. Pretty strange. BTW, how do you manually add hyperlinks to text?

Thanks again,

Mushtaq

Former Community Member

Yes it is very strange.

- add the Text object

- highlight and replace the default 'Text' with the text you want to represent the URL (www.google.com, for example)

- highlight the entire text string 'www.google.com' in the Text object

- go to the toolbar, Insert > Hyperlink, and add the fully-qualified URL (http://www.google.com in this case)

Steve

Level 1

Hi Steve,

I don't see Hyperlink option in the insert menu (see attached). I guess, I'm using some strange version. I'm on Adobe LiveCycle Designer 8.0.

Sorry if I'm in the wrong forum but I thought LiveCycle Designer 8 was ES.

Thanks,

Mushtaq

Former Community Member

You are in the right forum. There have been branding changes to align Designer with the LiveCycle suite.

Interesting. It must have been introduced post 8.0. It is in 8.2 and above. I don't have a machine running 8.0 right now. Let me see what I can do.

Steve

Level 5

I have been working on the same problem with hyperlinks. I am now trying to modify the HTTP Submit button without success.

I have tried using a HTML hyperlink <a href=HTTP://XXXXX and this did not work. It tryed to convert the webpage into a

PDF file......

IS there an easy way to modify the HTTP Submit button?

Thanks

Level 10

Yeah it came in post 8.0, 8.2 maybe to support Acrobat 9? I think the help says the hyperlinks only work for Acrobat 9+.

Level 10

I posted a sample in another thread that shows how to set up an invisible button to act as a hyperlink.