Expand my Community achievements bar.

http Submit button not working on Mac with Reader 9 or X

Former Community Member

We have a PDF generated from an .XDP using Livecycle 7.2.1. It submits without problem on any Windows/Reader combination but fails on 3 Macs that I have tried. The Macs are running Snow Leopard and I have used a range of Reader 9.4.4 to X.

Interestingly, a web service call, which precedes the http Submit, is working find.

Any ideas? I'd go to our support company but they are as useful as a back pocket on a singlet and I have generally found the forums to be more helpful.

7 Replies

Level 10

Hi,

It may not be the problem, but worth checking. Make sure the form is not opening in Apple Preview! An XFA form in Apple Preview is about as much use as an ashtray on a motorbike

We have submit by email forms that work fine on Mac OS X.

Not sure what else is going wrong.

Niall

Former Community Member

Also which mail client is being used on the MAC?

Paul

Former Community Member

I'm using Mac Mail. However, the Submit button isn't an email one, it does an HTTP POST.

Former Community Member

Do you mean a mailto ...or are you truely posting it to some other program?

I am out of th eoffice for the week and do not have access to my Mac machine to verify....perhaps someone else can try this on their Mac with the named mail program.

Paul

Level 10

Hi,

I have tested mailto:, the email submit button and the custom email script solutions on a Mac. However I have MS Entourage (Outlook equivalent) and it works in all cases.

While I have Mac Mail, I have not set it up, so the email scripts in the PDF use Entourage by default. As this is a work macine, I am not inclined to disable Entourage, in order to test Mac Mail.

It may be an issue with Mac Mail, but I can't test here.

Niall

Former Community Member

thanks for your help, but it's not an email button, it's an HTTP POST of the XML to a custom component on an Adobe Livecycle Forms server.