Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.

how will the recent announcements by adobe (flex to apache, layoffs) affect LCCS?

Level 4

i haven't seen any commentary on the issues here yet, but the question has to be asked.  adobe suddenly announces they're donating flex to the apache foundation, lays off 700 employees, marks a shift of focus to html5.

where does this leave the future of LCCS? 

7 Replies

Level 3

Just found this:

http://www.canada.com/business/Adobe+layoffs+show+foreign+takeovers+both+ways/5732810/story.html

All but ignored in the big shift, the Ottawa LiveCycle product line was simply collateral damage. It is a $200-million slower-growth line that was a distraction to a company trying to preserve a $4 billion-a-year business.

Adobe said it will curtail marketing and future development of LiveCycle, which helps insurance companies, banks and government agencies develop business forms and collaborate across many locations. A spokeswoman said Adobe will still support customers from Ottawa. Some development work will continue on other products and future LiveCycle generations are still possible.

The decision to downgrade LiveCycle and Connect, a web conference software product, shows how quickly a business can change. Just a year ago, Adobe was celebrating record sales and growth of 31 per cent.

Level 4

Hi,

The LCCS product and LCCS customers will continue to be supported.   We will continue to run the service and address bugs and make changes as required - there is no change in plans at the current time.

Thanks,

Jeff

Level 4

that's good to hear on the continuation of support and service. what of the continuation of development? will the LCCS product continue to be developed?

thanks for the response jeff

adam

Level 4

Adam,

Sorry, I don’t have a clear picture of the development investment to share right now or what enhancements might get added.

Jeff

Level 8

Hi all,

Adobe Layoffs was really shocking news to me ...!

I need to know the possible impact on us taking into consideration that we are using:

1. Adobe LiveCycle Desinger ES2.

2. Adobe Reader Extensions Server ES.

3. Heavily depending on Acrobat and Reader and its integration with IE8.

A lot of key staff and management staff at work are pushing for SharePoint/Infopath to be used instead of Adobe XFA Forms, and I am
sure they will use this recent developments in Adobe to justify moving away from the investment we made in Adobe.

How do you recommend me to react against such initiative?

Tarek.

Former Community Member

Hi Tarek,

It looks like you might have posted your question in the wrong forum since it doesn't appear that you are a LCCS customer/user.

This forum is for LCCS related questions.

You might want to try one of the following forums:

- http://forums.adobe.com/community/livecycle/livecycle_es/livecycle_designer_es

- http://forums.adobe.com/community/adobe_reader_forums

Thanks,

Julien

LCCS Quality Engineering

Level 4

Julien is right, this is a bit off topic.  

However I can say that we are continuing our investment in Livecycle Designer and RE.   If you are a LiveCycle server product customer and you need more information you can contact me directly at stanier@adobe.com.

Jeff