Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

How to use the Insertion Point placeholder text properly?

Level 2

My issue is two-fold here, and perhaps there is one answer that connects to both problems....

1.  When I add a Text Field onto stage, and right click over this text field, I cannot add an Insertion Point in order to display placeholder text

2. When I add a subform onto stage, I can then add an Insertion Point within the subform, but when I preview as PDF or save this document as a PDF, and click over the place holder text it does not go away.  It remains there.

What am I missing in order to have the Placeholder text go away once a user clicks on it?

Thanks

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 2

I discovered that my area of concern was not with insertion points, but with setting a pattern on a text field through the object panel.  I can now display placeholder text, which will then go away once the user types into the field.

View solution in original post

1 Reply

Correct answer by
Level 2

I discovered that my area of concern was not with insertion points, but with setting a pattern on a text field through the object panel.  I can now display placeholder text, which will then go away once the user types into the field.