Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.

How to use Resource Bundles / Property Files in Process?

Former Community Member

How to use Resource Bundles / Property Files in Process?

We would like to have common properties and configurations in a file

5 Replies

Level 10

Why don't you prefer creating Configuration variables? Which in fact can be used to hold general settings of the process (can be set though AdminUI).

Or

what kind of common properties would you like to keep it in Resource Bundle?

Nith

Level 10

You just write them in a file and use the FileUtils service to read the file from the file system.

Or, as Nith mentioned use configuration variables.

Jasmin

Level 10

I know that the Resource bundles are useful in Flex forms design.

But, I am really interested to know what's the usage of resource bundles in LCES workflow or PDF forms .

Using resource bundles in PDF forms is not as easy as Flex. We might have to write script to achieve that.

The Workflows are not User-Interface, So there is no need for resource bundles here.

In fact, my suggestion also may be wrong. Because, the Configuration files is a set a key value entries which used to relace certain values in User-Interface. While the Resource Bundles are meant to hold multi-lingual texts to localize the User-Interface.

Though, we could keep these entries in a file and using the FileUtils, it is not easy to just read the values based on keys. We must have to write a Custom Component (Or Script Activity) to read those values. Alternatively, we could store those values in a process variable (MAP of Strings) which still requires some basic coding (by coding Script activity).

So, do you have some special requirements Saravanan?

Nith

Former Community Member

Hi Nith,

Just I have tried to externalize mail content using Resource Bundle.

And also looking for , having all the configurations parameter at one point.

thanks for your suggestion