Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

How to use Compound tags option (it is among the Paragraph properties) in LiveCycle Designer ES2 (9.8.0*)?

Level 1

Hello!

I'm using Adobe LiveCycle Designer ES2 version 9.8.0.0.20130521.1.895753, which is embedded into SAP ERP. My task is to add a static multi-level numbered list onto a PDF-form, with items like 3.1, 3.2, 3.3.

So I went to the Paragraph properties in the Paragraph palette and selected Numbered List option. Entered 3 as a Start option. Selected Compound tags option.

Annotation2.png

I'm gettting the list with only 1 level. Pressing Enter advances numbering from 3 to 4 and further. Pressing Tab (like in Microsoft Office Word inside numbered list) does nothing useful.

How to make 2-level numbered list? Or at least, list with three items on one level: 3.1, 3.2, 3.3?

PS. LiveCycle Designer's What's New article states that one of the new features are "

Bulleted and numbered lists

The Paragraph palette includes options for adding, formatting, and aligning bulleted and numbered lists in text.

"

(it's in local file file:///C:/Program%20Files%20(x86)/Common%20Files/Adobe/Help/en_US/LiveCycle/9.8/DesignerHelp/WS107c29ade9134a2c2439970312a9bd97a8f-8000.html)

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 10

Hi,

There is more that can be done using the rich text options, than can be done with the Designer's bulleted lists.

I did a sample some time ago that might help,

Adobe LiveCycle Designer Cookbooks by BR001: Custom Bulleted and Numbered Lists

Regards

Bruce

View solution in original post

1 Reply

Correct answer by
Level 10

Hi,

There is more that can be done using the rich text options, than can be done with the Designer's bulleted lists.

I did a sample some time ago that might help,

Adobe LiveCycle Designer Cookbooks by BR001: Custom Bulleted and Numbered Lists

Regards

Bruce