Expand my Community achievements bar.

How to use a database to fill out a form?

Former Community Member

Hello, I have been several months attempting an invoice form with LiveCycle Designer 8.0 for my company advertising, but fail to complete it.

I have an Access 2007 where are 500 customers beside the name of its establishment, client code, address, tax exempt number, zip code, population and bank account. I managed to numeric calculations, connect the database with the form and to appear all clients in a drop-down list. But not with it: 1º that clients appear listed in order alphabetical and 2º (most importantly) that when you select a customer from the drop-down list, the rest of its data appear in the different fields of the form I designed.

I have read help, the forums... but can't find the solution. Thank you.

3 Replies

Former Community Member

Hi Manuel,

Stefan Cameron has a great examples  in his blog , forms - db connections and filtering records retrieved from db,

this post will be useful for you: http://forms.stefcameron.com/2006/09/29/selecting-specific-database-records/

Yan.

Former Community Member

Hi Yan, thank you for your reply. I have carefully reviewed examples of the blog Stefan Cameron, but I remain unresolved problem. I don't know if it is because of my "bad english" (sorry) or because the solution to my approach is very difficult.

Thanks again.

Manuel.

Former Community Member

Hello Yan, I am not an expert in the coding, but with your link to the post of Stefan Cameron, I have already managed to clients appear in alphabetical order. Thank you again.