Expand my Community achievements bar.

How to suppress user entered data from output

Former Community Member

I have utilized Adobe LiveCycle Designer 9.0 to create a PDF file that accepts user input (e.g., it's a survey completed on a computer). I have tested the PDF myself and it is mostly fine.  One unresolved issue continues to frustrate me.

I have a few Text Fields for which I need to let the user enter text, but I do not want this text to be output to the screen.  In other words, I want the user to see the text box and I want the user to input text in the text box.  I just do not want the information provided by the user to be extracted to spreadsheet.  Basically, I want to set the user data to "Do not Print."  I think the "Presence" options in the Object Palette is not appropriate for suppressing data that has been entered, only for showing whether the textbox is there or not. 

In case it is relevant, I extract data from the PDF using Adobe Professional: File => Form Data => Extract to Spreadsheet.  

2 Replies

Former Community Member

I think I figured it out.  I set data binding to "No Data Binding."

Former Community Member

Maybe not.

Strangely,  with No Data Binding settings enabled, the text boxes automatically clear when I close the PDF.  The rest of the data is saved okay, so I guess "No Data Binding" is the same as "Don't save."   I definately want the information in the text boxes to save in the form. 

I just don't want the data in the text boxes to be extracted to Spreadsheet.    Does anyone have any suggestions?